"I got this gun a year or so back from another site which had it actually cheaper... but I had to add a few other items to get free shipping and make it worth it... Anyways, to the gun itself. This is the first High quality AEG I have ever owned, and probably the last. This gun is FULL METAL with REAL WOOD! The gun is extremely accurate up to about 150 feet, and fully compares and even outshoots other guns such as JG M4s and the JG AK47, all of which either my brothers or my friends have. Also the folding stock is really nice for when you know you are about to sprint for a duration of time, say to the next large tree you will use as cover. The battery life is ok, but becomes excellent if you get a smart charger. The gun is exactly like the real gun except for the orange tip and of course the ammunition it takes! :) I have had no problems with the mag, it works fine for me and I even got a second one and tape them together for better reloading.
Now for the Cons, which are few, but still need to be listed... First off, the gun has absolutely no rails, which is realistic, but it would be nice to put a nice optic or grip on this gun. And even buying the rail attachments for this gun would work, but would not allow you to fold the stock in, as the rail accessory would get in the way. Second, the iron sights are a little off, so that if you look down the sights, the bbs come out a little to the right of where you are aiming, almost as if you forward sight was attached to far to the left. As long as you aim knowing this though, or get an optic, it is fine, and doesn't impact gameplay too much at all... Finally, the sling mount makes a distinct PING sound everytime it hits the metal, which is almost every second you move the gun. So either get electrical tape, or hold it as you sneak up on the unsuspecting kid in front of you and point blank him... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh... right, the review.
So all in all, a very good gun, excellent for the price, and fully outperforms other bigger brand guns, such as the JG M4, JG M4, JG M4A1, JG AK-47, etc... Definitely hesitate no more. Also, if it helps, I am HUGE on getting items that are the absolute best for the money, and spent 7 months of active looking until I finally decided this gun was the best. I looked on dozens of sights and didn't find one other AK-74U that was better on the airsoft market for an affordable price. And even for a much higher price there were none... So extra incentive to get it if you are looking specifically for a good AK-74U. So to wrap it up, I have composed a small pros and cons list...
1. Full Metal and Real Wood.
2. Amazing for price and blows other guns out of the water.
3. Very accurate up to 150 ft, little curve.
4. Folding stock.
5. Good battery life, especially with smart charger.
6. Extremely realistic and looks exactly like the Real gun.
7. Powerful and HURTS
8. Nice polymer mags with no misfeeding issues as of the writing of this review, almost 2 years after getting the gun.
9. Durable: have owned mine for almost 2 years without any problems.
1. Ping ping the sling mount. >:)
2. No rails at all, and rail accessories work, but get in the way of the folding stock.
3. BBs come out of the barrel a little to the right of where you aim, almost as if the forward sight was put on too far to the left."