Our take: The new Magpul MBUS (Magpul Back-Up Sight) GEN 2 is a low-cost, color injection molded, folding back-up sight. The dual aperture MBUS Rear Sight is adjustable for windage and fits all MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny rail equipped weapons, but is specifically tailored to the AR15/M16/M4 platform. It is comparable to $200+ sights from other specialized firearm sighting manufacturers, both in performance and reliability, and yet is priced at under $100.
This front flip-up sight is a great addition to your top-rail equipped Airsoft rifle, and allows you to have a fast-aiming front sight at your disposal (flips up instantly).
It is quality manufactured in the U.S.A. Compatible with any Airsoft rifle that has a receiver-top 20mm sighting/weaver rail.
- Impact resistant polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Spring-loaded flip up sight easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to any MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694 receiver rail and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
- Protective wings shield the dual flip apertures
- Sight can still be folded with either large or small aperture in position
- Detent knob easily and positively adjusts windage
- MBUS Front Gen 2
- Weight, w/ hardware: 1.2 oz.
- Height above rail, stowed: ~0.51 in.
- Length, stowed: 2.6 in.
- Length, deployed: 1.5 in.
NEW Features for GEN 2
- Reduced size for greater optics compatibility (folds to a profile of only approximately a half-inch)
- Both small and large apertures are on the same plane